Computer Studies/ICT Department
ICT is a department that offers Computer studies as a subject among other ICT services. The subject falls under the applied (technical) handled by Mrs. Muchai, a self-driven and focused qualified teacher. The subject has recorded an improvement index both in performance and candidature in the previous years. Currently the subject is at mean C+ ( 7.333).
Our vision is to impart relevant knowledge and skills in ICT to prepare our learner for great opportunities in ICT world . The subject comprises of theory and practicals even at evaluation level.
I take this opportunity to thank our Principal who ensured that our second lab is well equipped with new computers and that requisitions are provided on time. This will impact positively on the subject performance.
We expose our students to:-
- Practical lessons
- Educational trips
- Science and Engineering fair
- E-learning content
- Computer Studies contests
- ICT club activities
This club was started last year in order to expose our students to other ICT related activities other than syllabus coverage. The members of the club are all Computer studies students and any other interested student. Our activities are: -
- Installation of software e.g. anti-virus
- Installation of e-content materials into computers (notes, past papers etc)
- Assisting in connection of devices during classes e.g projectors and laptops
- Preparing presentation slides for school functions
- Assist in preparation of the school magazine and programmes